Thursday, February 25, 2010

Set Them Free

Okay first things first, Team Canada: Women just won GOLD in hockey tonight at the 2010 Vancouver Winter Olympics... was there ever any doubt?  WOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOO!!  Obviously, we fuckin' rock!

Okay now onto what I really wanted to talk about.  I'm sure everyone has now heard about the Killer Whale in SeaWorld that has killed a 40 year old female trainer.  Apparently this particular whale is very hard to train and has even killed someone before this incident.  Well people, all I have to say is what the hell did you expect?  It's a freakin' KILLER WHALE, not a little puppy dog.  The whale weighs 11,000 pounds and is 22 feet long.  Why do people continue to think that these animals belong in tanks and should preform childish and stupid tricks for people?  It's ridiculous! 

I am and have always been a lover of whales.  I have been reading about them and studying them since I was about 5 years old.  I don't plan on working with them in my life, I just find them so interesting and so beautiful.  I even had a Killer Whale mural painted on my bedroom whale when I was a kid.  I am so sick and tired of seeing these amazing animals treated like circus acts.

Oh, and I also found out that the tank that housed the whale was only 35 feet deep!  Yeah, that is no where near deep enough for a 22 foot long whale.  Why, WHY do people feel the need to go into the wild and capture a giant animal, only to put it into a tank the that would be the equivalent to a bathtub to a person?  People are saying that since this whale cannot be trained and it has killed 2 people that it should be set back into the wild.  NO SHIT!  However, SeaWorld is apparently run by money hungry assholes.  They are wanting to keep the whale because if it successfully breeds with one of their female Killer Whales, the baby could be worth upwards of $10 million!  Hmmm, I guess human life means nothing to these people...

Anyways, I just hope that they release the whale into the wild, along with all of the other captive whales all over the world.  That won't happen though.  Some people just cannot put anything but money ahead of anything else.  It's really, really sad.

-Ashley

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Let Go Laughing! © 2008. Design By: SkinCorner