Thursday, May 13, 2010

Where Have I Been?!

The answer to that question is... at home.  Yeah I've been at home all this time and I haven't posted since April 22nd.  Kinda sad, but I do have some good excuses.

For starters, I've been studying and working on my school work like a mad woman.  I had a midterm for my Business Law course last Saturday.  I got someone in town to watch me take it so that I didn't have to go all the way into the city.  I just had to make sure that the person watching me had a PhD.  Jeff works with someone with a PhD who agreed to watch me so it all worked out.  The midterm itself was all multiple choice and I finished the 50 questions in a little under an hour.  I'm not sure how I did, good hopefully.  My final exam is on June 27th and I have lots to do before then so I don't think I'll be blogging as much as I'd like too.

I also had a job interview for a senior home that is being built in our town.  I'm not sure what is going on with that though, they said they want a reference from when I was a supervisor at the dairy I used to work at in Ontario, but they went bankrupt shortly after I moved out here and I have no idea where they are or how to contact them.  I'm waiting too see if I can somehow get passed that, after all it's not my fault.  Hopefully everything turns out okay.

Dixie has been sick for the past 2-3 weeks.  She kept throwing up, not eating, and not drinking.  She wouldn't even eat her treats and she loves them.  Jeff took her to the vet while I was having my midterm and found out that she may have a stomach ulcer.  She has been on medication for about 5 days and seems to be getting better, so I'm really happy about that.  She also gets groomed on Saturday so that should make her feel a lot better.

I'm not going to end this without showing you my new purchases!  Things have been so stressful for me lately with school and stuff that I decided to treat myself.  Check out what I got:



Yay, new brushes!!  I was so excited to get theses, you have no idea!  I ordered them from Coastal Scents about a week and half ago and they arrived yesterday.  The site was having a 15% off the entire site sale so I decided it was a good time to get these.  The set is called the Magenta Deluxe Reptile Brush Set and I love it!  The hairs are goat hair and synthetic and they are the softest brushes I have ever owned.  The clutch they come with is actually a brush roll with a separate sleeve to hold each brush.  The regular price is $39.99 for the set but I got it for 15% off.  The pink brush is a kabuki brush.  I never had one before and I really wanted one so I decided to get this.  It's made from goat hair and oh my god you would not believe how soft it is!  It's incredible. The best part is I paid under $5 for it.  I'd expect to pay at least $20+ for a brush of this quality.

Anyways, I'm going to take Dixie outside.  Hopefully I can keep updating this regularly.

-Ashley

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Let Go Laughing! © 2008. Design By: SkinCorner