Thursday, August 5, 2010

Wedding Planning!

Hello all, I'm sorry I haven't updated in a long time.  I've been so busy lately!  First off, I just had my final exam for my business law course on Tuesday.  I won't get the mark for about a week so I'm not sure how I did on it.  Hopefully I did okay though.  The last few weeks have been so filled with school work that I haven't had time to do anything else.  Now that school is over though, I can focus on things that I actually want to do...

Like plan my wedding!  Holy holy I am so freakin' excited still!  I know I got engaged like 3 weeks ago but I'm still all giddy and stuff, and now that school is over I can finally get into the nitty gritty of planning.  We already have our church and reception site booked, so that's all taken care of.  We are getting married back in Ontario because there is no way that I would expect my family members and Jeff's family to pay to come to my wedding, that is just ridiculous.  Besides, almost everyone we know is back in Ontario.  We also have our wedding party all picked out too.  I couldn't chose between my two sisters so I made them both Maid of Honor.  I have a bridesmaid too, she is a friend from here in Manitoba.  Jeff is having a friend from Ontario be his best man and his two brothers are going to be the groomsmen.  Our ring bearer is a kid I used to babysit and our flower girl is the daughter of my parents neighbours.  Our 2 ushers are friends of ours, one from Manitoba and one from Ontario.  So that is all worked out.  We have actually done a lot for only being engaged for 3 weeks.  Oh well, I want everything to be taken care of so that I'm not more rushed than I need to be near the big day.  We have decided that the date is going to be July 30th, 2011.

My Mom, Nana, and youngest sister are coming out here in September and we are going wedding dress shopping!  I'm so excited, I went online and picked out a few dresses that I really like and printed pics of them so that I can bring them when I go.  I am getting the dress here so that I can go in for alterations and things like that.  I'll just take it as carry-on when I fly home for the wedding.  I have picked 2 nice bridesmaids dresses, but I need to show them to my sisters and my friend first to see how they like them.

Oh another awesome thing... my aunt is a professional florist who did the flowers for THE QUEEN in Halifax a few months ago... and she is doing all my flowers for FREE!! That's right, $3000-$4000 worth of red roses for free.  Holy crap, I was so excited to hear that!  We also have a DJ for really REALLY cheap because my Mom and Dad are friends with professional DJ's.  Our wedding is going to be freakin' awesome!

There is still a lot more we need to do though, but I think we're off to an amazing start!

-Ashley

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Let Go Laughing! © 2008. Design By: SkinCorner