Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Wedding Planning Madness!

I have been going non-stop for about 4 days doing wedding stuff.  Usually I pick something to do and then I slowly get around to finishing it.  However, since we decided when we are going home for Christmas, I decided to kick things into high gear because the time we are home during the holidays is basically the only time we will have before the actual wedding.

We decided to go home from December 22nd to January 9th.  That is hopefully a good amount of time to get everything done.  I know our wedding is 9 months away but since we are planning it out of province, it's a little bit more trickier than the average wedding.  My 2 sisters are planning the engagement party and that has been on my mind a lot this past week.  We decided to just have it at my sisters house because booking a hall would be $500 for the cheapest and that is just way too expensive for just an afternoon (says the bride with the $16,000 reception hall booking lol!).  Anyways, it should be okay, it's really only a drop in thing to see us and congratulate us or whatever.

I also ordered all my flowers.  My Aunt in a florist and she is doing them at a super family discounted price and that is extremely awesome!  Even more awesome considering I picked the most expensive flowers out there:  red roses and white calla lilies.  My wedding colours are red and white and the flowers are going to look so beautiful!  I ordered my bouquet, 3 maid of Honor/bridesmaid bouquets, 5 corsages (moms and grandmothers) and 8 boutonnieres (groom/best man/groomsmen/ushers/ring bearer/fathers).  Plus my Aunt told me that she has some sparkle spray to add to the bouquets and some fake diamonds to add as well.  It's going to be so beautiful!

I've also had one of my sisters tracking down a hair and makeup artist who is willing to come out to the hotel we are staying at the morning of the wedding.  I think we found a good one, we just had to see if she is available for my date.  My sister emailed her, so hopefully she's available because that will be one more thing I can check off my list!

So, I don't know what I'll do next.  Tomorrow I think I'll just take a day off from wedding planning and maybe sleep in.  That probably won't happen though lol.  Oh well, it's all going to be worth it because I know my wedding is going to turn out amazing.  For the price of everything, it better!

-Ashley

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Let Go Laughing! © 2008. Design By: SkinCorner