Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Day 01 — Your Favourite Song

Well, I actually have 2 favourite songs.  Is that allowed?  Oh well.

My first favourite song is "I'm From The Country" by Tracy Byrd.  Let me start off by saying I grew up listening to country music.  My mom turned the country radio station on as soon as she got up in the morning and it only went off around dinner time.  I used to hate country music because it's all we listened to and I got so sick of it, but now I really love it!  It's great music to get your drink on to lol.  This song is the best because it's just the best.  I'm not really from the country, but my family is really crazy like back woods country folk, so in a way I kind of am haha.  Every time I hear this song, I turn it WAY up and start singing... no, SCREAMING along.  Every once in a while I burn a mixed country CD to put in the car and this song is always the first track on every CD I make.  It's basically on about 7 CD's in the car right now lol.  I'm obsessed.

My second favourite song is "Jesse's Girl" by Rick Springfield.  It's a song from the 80's but I first heard it about 5 years ago on a trip to Nova Scotia.  Instant love.  I think the most I have ever listened to this song in one day was 25 times, I had it on repeat.  How can you not love this song?  We even have it on a karaoke CD for our Karaoke player and I sing it every time.  It doesn't even sound a quarter good as the original, but whatever.  I always request it at parties and dances too. 

If you haven't heard these 2 songs and you know me, you don't hang around me that often lol.

-Ashley

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Let Go Laughing! © 2008. Design By: SkinCorner