Tuesday, September 22, 2009

First Blog!

Yay!  Okay I'm really excited about this.  I have a blog on MSN Live Spaces, but I needed a change of venue.  Plus I only updated that one every 6 months or so.  I plan on updating this one a lot more.

So right now I have a HUGE headache and I am really trying to push through this so I can say what I want to say.  I guess this is really  just going to be an introductory blog.

My name is Ashley Easton and I am 21 years old.  Soon to be 22 in October.  I was born in Halifax, Nova Scotia but I grew up in Bowmanville, Ontario.  I now live in Pinawa, Manitoba with my boyfriend Jeff.  We moved here 2 years ago when he got a new job after graduating university.  We also have 2 pets; a 2 year old West Highland White Terrier name Dixie and a 1 year old ½ Siamese, ½ Domestic Short Haired cat named Sampras.  Yes, he is named after the tennis player!

I am currently attending college, but I am doing it through correspondence because Pinawa is in the middle of nowhere and there is virtually no way for me to attend classes on campus.  I think it's better this way though because Jeff works during the day and this town is SO quiet, so I have a lot of time to myself to think.  I am working towards a certificate in Small Business Management so that one day I can open my own dog grooming business.  Right now I am in the middle of the first course in the program, which is Bookkeeping and Accounting for a Small Business.  It's okay I guess, kind of boring but that's to be expected.

Today is the first day of autumn, which is actually REALLY depressing for me.  I have something called Cold Urticaria.  I've only had for the past 3 years, but it's been 3 years of hell.  What it is is I am literally allergic to cold.  If anything cold comes into contact with my skin, including water or even air, I break out in hives all over my body.  It is extremely uncomfortable. Also, if I don't get warm within 5-10 minutes, my blood pressure drops really fast and I end up fainting.  Woo freakin' hoo.  I wouldn't wish this on anyone, I swear.  Allergy pills do not work for it, and there is no cure.  HOWEVER... I have read that if you get this in your young adult years (like me) it will only last for 5-10 years, not your whole life.  So I guess I have 2-7 years left of this.  Great.  I also read that only women get this and if I get pregnant while I have it and I get pregnant with a girl, she will have if for the rest of her life.  I'm not sure if that is true or not, but I hope it's not.  I want a kid before I'm 30 lol.

Okay well I guess that's all for now.  I need to go get something for this headache before I explode.  Talk to you all later!

-Ashley

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Let Go Laughing! © 2008. Design By: SkinCorner