Saturday, March 13, 2010

Kenora Road Trip

Jeff and I went on a road trip to Kenora, Ontario today.  It's about 2 hours away from where we live in Manitoba.  Usually if we go to Kenora, we go with other people but this time we decided to go by ourselves and I'm kind of glad we did because it was so much fun spending the whole day together.  Plus, I took my JVC Everio digital camcorder along and taped 43 minutes of the adventure!

We originally were going for beer because "The Beer Store" does not exist in Manitoba and Jeff wanted some Ontario beer.  They don't sell Ontario beer in Manitoba.  Note that it was not for me, as I don't drink lol.  We also picked up some beer for some of Jeff's friends.  After that, we went to Wal-Mart to do a little shopping.  Yes, I shop at Wal-Mart and I don't really care if people think that is gross or cheap or whatever because they have good things for cheap prices and I really don't feel like spending $50 on a pair of pants when I can get just as good pants or better for $12, which is what I did today.  I got 4 shirts and they were only $3 each!  They are really nice I think.  I also got one pair of comfy black pants that are also kind of like dress pants so I can wear them out.  I also got a Wet n' Wild Colour Icon eyeshadow palette.  I heard about them on YouTube and from what people are saying and what I saw, I really wanted one.  They have 6 shadows in each one.  The one I got is called Vanity and it has 2 cream coloured shades (one matte, one shimmer), 2 light brown shades (one matte, one shimmer) and 2 dark brown shades (one matte, one shimmer).  The colours are super pigmented!  I was really amazed, especially it was only something like $5!  I really want to go back to Wal-Mart and get the 3 other palettes.  I also picked up a dark green kohl eye liner for St. Patty's Day.

After Wal-Mart, we wanted to eat but since we don't know the area that well we didn't know where to go for good food.  Jeff asked some lady on the street (who looked pretty dirty lol) where would be a good place to eat.  She directed us to a Chinese place called "Ho-Ho's".  I was a good choice, we got HUGE plates of food for only $10.95!  I couldn't even finish it all.  Plus, they had tickets on their place mats for a free game of bowling at the place next door.  Naturally we went after dinner and had a game.  It was fun, but I failed horribly lol.  Jeff beat me 144-96(?).  Anyways, it was really fun.

We then stopped at Tim Horton's to get coffee and chocolate milk and headed home.  I'm so happy that Jeff and I did this because we don't really get to do anything fun without people tagging along with us.  I hope that we will be able to do this more often.

-Ashley

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Let Go Laughing! © 2008. Design By: SkinCorner